MORE Fall Camping Trip
Registration for the MORE Fall Camping trip will close early Monday morning 9/15/2014, so if you haven’t registered, do so now!
- We are camping in the Big Bear Campground with a bath house, NOT up on the airstrip where they hold large events.
- Arrival is Friday anytime, possibility of special arrangements for Thursday evening arrival.
- Hammocks, tents, campers, RV’s can all be together in the same area.
- We should have the area to ourselves (MORE).
- About 2 hours from Frederick, 2 1/2-3 hours from Baltimore or Washington.
- 35+ miles of trails to ride, beginner to expert.
- Saturday morning breakfast provided.
- Group Pot Luck dinner on Saturday evening, bring a dish to share!
- Cooking contest/Best Dish Contest at the pot luck with PRIZES, so bring out your best.
- Several kegs of quality beer all weekend. Appropriate drinks for kids.
- We will have a 40×40 canopy to hang out in ONLY if the weather looks rainy. Event is rain or shine.
- Yes, all this for $25/person for a weekend of FUN!
Big Bear Lake is quickly becoming known as the hot spot for classic east coast single track. Years of trail development, by experienced mountain bikers have created a trail system that will have you grinning ear to ear. The terrain has everything to offer; gradual climbs, large embedded rocks, tight slaloms, challenging rock gardens, and off the saddle downhills. Thirty five miles of trail wind through knee deep ferns and flora, soft needle pine plantations and groves of mountain laurel. Riders of all ages and abilities will find trails to fit their individual riding skills and need for adrenaline. Big Bear is the place to bring the entire family to experience mountain biking at its best.
We make it easy to find your way around. Four distinct loops, ranging from 8 miles to 23 miles each, are marked with color coded arrows. Each loop has varying degrees of difficulty to match your riding abilities.