A new site!
This is an Archive pot from 2014...
Welcome to MORE’s new website!
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to update and migrate our website into this new format. We felt it was necessary to update the look and back-end of our previous website so that we could manage the content better to MORE effectively communicate with our members and empower some of our most devoted and willing volunteers with the tools they’ll need to help us get our message out.
This launch is a first step in what we hope is a busy fall/winter for MORE’s online presence.
In this first step we have transferred (and are continuing to transfer) all of MORE’s legacy content into the new system. Over the course of the coming weeks we will be going through everything and updating things to match our structured format, particularly for events and venues (Where to Ride). We encourage you to contact us with suggestions and if you come across missing information so we can promptly fix it.
The forums have been transformed and you should have access to many of the same spaces you had on the previous site, all of your posts and replies have been moved over. We’ve closed a few that no longer served a purpose, particularly the sponsors forum because we now have a much improved sponsors area to maximize the investment our sponsors have made to the club.
We’ve entirely rebuilt our Sponsors Section so that our users and members can find the sponsors that help MORE do so much in the region. Our Gold Sponsors now get a “mini site” with detailed information about their location and what they do.
What’s still to to come
- A new and improved venues (where to ride) section. The venues section is basically the “trails” in MORE’s inventory and where most of our rides and events take place. We are in the process of updating each of these venue pages so that they present cohesive and standard information from page to page. For now we just have a list that will be augmented in the coming weeks. The venues will be tightly integrated with our new calendar so that when you view a venue page you can see all of the upcoming events on that same page.
- A brand new calendar. The google calendar is still active, so please continue to reference it for all events currently on it as we continue to migrate them into the new system. All new events will be added to the new calendar here. Basically we will not be adding any new events to the google calendar in the future but managing everything here. We will be setting up access so that our event organizers have the ability to manage and add their own events as well; That will come soon and is based entirely on input from our users.
- Tighter integration with IMBA and our membership database. You previous MORE login will work; You may, however, have to reset your password (you can do so in your profile page). For more information on how to do this, please visit our membership page, or visit your “profile” page. When attempting to log in you have the option to “Update your password.”
- An updated MORE store where you will find MORE products and donation links.
- We have a lot MORE in store and will be announcing new features as we implement them. We ask that you please be patient as we roll these out, and that if you do find something amiss to not hesitate to contact us so we can do our best to resolve any issues.
Now get out and ride! and thanks for your patience while we slogged through this migration…
We’ve created a forum topic where you can post questions related to the new site. We will compile the questions, along with answers on a new FAQ page in the coming days.