March 2016 MORE BOD Meeting Minutes
MORE Board Meeting 3/14/16, 7 – 9 PM
REI; Tysons Corner, VA
Full board in attendance:
- Executive Director
- Ryan Delaney has officially resigned from MORE. His last day was March 11, 2016.
- The Executive Director Job Opening is currently open until March 25, 2016
- A MORE/IMBA selection committee will review and interview applicants.
- MORE BOD would like to meet the final applicants prior to decision
- MORE BoD’s will vote on candidate
- Events Coordinator / MOCO Epic
- Holly Fisher has resigned from the position of Events Coordinator. Her last day is March 31, 2016.
- She has communicated her departure with the MOCO team and will be having a final meeting with them on March 28 prior to departure.
- Todd Bauer has agreed to lead the MOCO Epic Committee and develop/coordinate a plan to carry on the event without Holly. Dave Magill has joined the MOCO Epic Committee.
- MOCO Committee may need to hire on a contract basis an experienced Events Manager for at least 3 weeks prior to the MOCO Epic.
- Membership Assistant
- MORE needs a membership assist with transferring memberships generated on Bikereg.com and other events to IMBA.
- This person would also be responsible for sending out new member/renewal packets to members who join and/or renew.
- MORE communication will start to use CiviCRM, but will overlap with Constant Contact for the immediate future.
- Winter Party exceeded budget. 2016 Budget for winter membership meeting was $3,500 and actual Expenses were $7363.22. Donations were received specifically for the winter membership meeting, The budget line items will need to be reworked and approved.
- Emmittsburg Town Day – June 25th.
- MORE fully supports this event. We will be scheduling group rides. Details to come.
- Summer Picnic
- Summer location is TBD. Needed to change location due to policy changes at Rosaryville.
- This year’s picnic will be Potluck with some meat provided and cooked by the MORE BOD.
IMBA/MORE Spring Membership Drive:
- March 1-May 31, 2016.
- MORE BOD will assist by developing personalized and region specific renewal and membership emails sent out.
- Jason Miller and Russ Adams to get training in IMBA’s membership tool to assist
- MORE needs to get membership materials into local shops. Need to ensure that information about donating specifically to MORE is included on all materials. Jason Miller will work on these materials – See Shop Liaison Program
Shop Liaison Program:
- Jason Miller will kickoff program in the next month. Shop Liaisons will be needed. Graphic artists for materials will also be needed.
- March 1-May 31, 2016.
- The BOD welcomed new trailboss Jonathan Kidwell.
- Rosaryville Tool Issue is being resolved.
- Track-It Forward App is up and running.
- This App will make it easier for MORE to track volunteer hours
- Trailwork Calendar and Flyer
- Jason Miller will update Trailwork Flyer for 2016 and send it to the Trail Boss for review and approval.
- MORE needs to get these flyers to the local bike shops – See Shop Liaison Program.
- Quantico Mountain Bike Club
- MORE is donating bike for NICA program
- MORE needs to follow up about support for NOVA Composite Team
- Ryan Delaney made good progress on developing a Sponsorship / Donation Policy and Program for MORE.
- Ernie Rodriguez has forwarded the latest draft to MORE BOD for final comment and review. Official policy needed for Shop Liaison Program.
- MORE needs to find Membership Assistant – Ernie Rodriguez
- Organize Group Rides for Emmittsburg Town Day – Brad Hawk / Russ Adams
- Update the 2016 MORE Budget for approval – Aaron Richter
- Take IMBA CiviCRM training – Jason Miller / Russ Adams
- Develop MORE Membership Materials for Spring Membership Drive – Jason Miller
- Kickoff MORE Shop Liaison Program – Jason Miller
- Update Spring 2016 Trailwork Flyer – Jason Miller / Jonathan Kidwell
- Follow Up with NOVA Composite Team about 2016 Support – Jason Miller
- Finalize MORE Sponsorship Package – Ernie Rodriguez
- Trail liaison tool survey – Ernie Rodriguez