Board Meeting – Sep 8, 2014
Martin Fernandez (Call in)
Jason Miller (Call in)
Debrief from the IMBA summit:
- Verification that we are going down the right path
- Volunteered to help Pittsburgh
- Activity report has been issued
- What about volunteer issues? Everyone is in the same boat
- MORE is aging out, same people for 30 years; median age at IMBA is 56 years old; need larger strategies to bring in younger people into the mix
- looking for trail riding leads; All over and friday course markers
- The day before is the MORE board ride, advanced kids rides, and regular rides
- Holly has picked up a few smaller ones, but all sponsors are current.
- Holly can do the sponsors now, great help.
- Coming up with a better tracker system, waiting on the website.
- Everyone needs to start attracting sponsors.
- Need to start generating hype
- which positions will be rotating & expectations, including volunteer responsibilities.
- Dave Magill, Jason Miller, Melanie Nystrom positions are up for rotation
- 20 SEP-Bike day event at Rockburn.
- Local shops involved. Melanie’s going.
- Plan to put out a survey within 30 days regarding volunteerism
- Establish a quarterly schedule, & not lose sight of long term goal with IMBA.
- Holly needs volunteers, & she’s received them
- Dan Hudson, rosaryville rider volunteer. OCtober 1, Dan is pushing DNR employees, and agenda to get staff invested in trails, he’s doing DNR staff rosaryville trail maintenance.
- 8 helmets in storage; looking for a couple more; We need about 10 more helmets, so perhaps theres a bike shop that can loan MORE helmets for the day.
- It gives MORE the opportunity to stand out.
- Ernie’s observation from summit feedback: People love the MORE website!!! kudos to Jason A & Martin!! Will start tutorials on the site for basic maintenance items.
- Jason A will address Eric Crawford’s email regarding ride leaders.